1. We need to take time to work because it is the price of success.
2. We need to take time to think because it is the source of power and the key to making good decisions.
3. We need to take time to play because it is the secret of youth, and a life of all work does make a person dull.
4. We need to take time to read because it is the foundation of knowledge.
5. We need to take time to worship because it is the highway of reverence and washes the dust of the earth from our eyes.
6. We need to take time to help and enjoy friends because our friends ultimately are going to be a major source of comfort and happiness.
7. We need to take time to love because it is the sacrament of life that might be the most important–and yet the most missed–element in our lives.
8. We need to take time to dream because it is the foundation upon which hope is built.
9. We need to take time to laugh. Laughter has been called the “music of the soul.”
We need to take time to plan. It’s the secret of being able to have time for the first nine things.
There are people who have broken your heart. Who have hurt you. Who have broken your trust. But look carefully. There are some who love you, who trust you and are proud of you. Yes, there were things that didn’t work. There were moments when life was really harsh. But think carefully. There were moments when things worked out the way you wanted. When you were smiling.
When life was pleasant. Yes, you made mistakes. You felt bad for yourself. But think carefully. There were moments when you were proud of yourself. When you followed your heart. When you did what you wanted to do. So relax. Your past is gone. Shape your future and have fun in the present. Life is never the way we want it to be. But that’s the way it is.
You are not perfect. No one else is. You have flaws. Everyone has. You made mistakes. Everyone has. You failed at something. Everyone has. You can try again. So relax. You are a good human being. You are lovable. You are beautiful. Don’t be so harsh on your life. Love yourself. Because you deserve the best and that is you.
Stay true to yourself. Don’t worry about what people think of you or about the way they try to make you feel. If people want to see you as a good person, they will. If they want to see you as a bad person, absolutely nothing you do will stop them. Ironically, the more you try to show them your good intentions, the more reason you give them to knock you down if they are committed to misunderstanding you.
Keep your head up high and be confident in what you do. Be confident in your intentions and keep your eyes ahead instead of wasting your time on those who want to drag you back. Because you can’t change people’s views, you have to believe that true change for yourself comes from within you, not from anyone else.
If you’re going through a dilemma or you need to make a big decision, give it to your spirit or inner-self. When we take the time to ask for help, we shall receive, every time. The next time you are needing help of guidance, try asking your inner-self before you go to sleep, and just let it go. You will definitely receive your answer shortly after. It may not be when you expect, but it will come to you at the most perfect time. Grow your connection to yourself through attention and meditation and apply this to your everyday life. Be conscious and present at every moment.